When Action Center was launched with Windows 10, it became a hit. This feature is among the most useful Windows features like Windows 10 task bar as you can access a lot of information from this panel. If you are using Windows 10 or Windows 11, then you might know about this feature. The best thing about the Action Center on Windows is that it allows you to add or remove options and you can also customize it according to your needs. Every notification on Windows can be seen from this panel and you can also use it to critical Windows notifications from the system. Well, sometimes you might face problem with it like an icon missing.
Bluetooth icon missing from Action Center is a common problem among Windows users. There are a couple of reasons out there why this problem actually occurs and you can fix it easily. There is no need to visit a technician or format your entire Windows disk to fix this problem. Here on this page, we have listed quite a few methods to fix the Bluetooth icon missing from Action Center in Windows 10. You can also follow these methods in Windows 11 but they are majorly for Windows 10 devices. We have tested every method mentioned on this page, so don’t worry about anything while following them as they are pretty safe.
- Also Read About: How To Fix Windows 10 USB Device Not Recognized
How To Fix Windows 10 Bluetooth Icon Missing From Action Center
As we said above, there are many reasons behind this problem and you must figure it out before applying any fix. If you have not made any changes to your system settings, registry, or services files, then you can start following the methods mentioned below to fix this issue.
Method #1. Expand Quick Actions or Restart Your System
If you have recently installed Windows on your system, then you will have to expand the Action Center manually to see more options. By default, only 4 icons are shown in the Action Center and the panel can be extended to view more. There are high chances that your Action Center has hidden the Bluetooth icon and you can view it by expanding it.
Another quick fix for Windows 10 no Bluetooth icon in Action Center can be restarting the device. Sometimes running services or apps can interfere with the system settings and icons so a restart will stop them. Before making any changes to your system and settings, make sure to restart your Windows 10 computer to see if it has fixed the issue or not.
- Also Read About: Fix 100% Disk Usage In Windows
Method #2. Turn On The Bluetooth Icon
As we said above, Action Center on Windows 10 hides some icons automatically that are rarely used. Also, many shortcuts come hidden and you will have to pin them to Action Center manually. The same goes for Bluetooth too and you will have to enable this option from the Action Center to view it. Here’s how you can add a Bluetooth icon in the Windows 10 Action Center.
- Click on the Action Center button from the taskbar.
- Right-click on the Empty Space in the Action Center and click on the Edit option.
- Now, you can Add/Remove options in the Action Center according to your needs.
- Find if the Bluetooth icon is pinned or not. If not, then pin it by clicking on the small pin icon above it.
- You can also rearrange the tiles in the Action Center menu while editing it.
- Once done, click on Done and your Windows 10 Bluetooth icon will be added to the Action Center.
Method #3. Use The Windows Troubleshooter
The Windows troubleshooter option has got some powerful mechanism that fixes basic Windows problems automatically. This feature is really useful for users who don’t know how to change or play with Windows settings. You can simply open the troubleshooter associated with the programs like NVIDIA control panel missing and let Windows find and fix the problems themselves. If you are not able to see the Bluetooth icon even in the Action Center menu, then you can take the help of a Windows troubleshooter to find the problems. Here’s how you can access Bluetooth Windows troubleshooter.
- Click on the Start button and then on the Settings button.
- Now, click on the Updates and Security option.
- In the right pane, click on Troubleshoot -> Additional Troubleshooters.
- A list of all available troubleshooters on Windows will appear on your screen.
- Click on the Bluetooth option and then tap Run The Troubleshooter.
- Wait for the troubleshooter window to complete the process.
Once done, the problem will be shown to you and you can opt to fix it yourself or let Windows fix it automatically.
Method #4. Update Bluetooth Drivers
Drivers help Windows programs and services to run properly. The drivers contain necessary options and backend processes that can’t be seen in the Windows GUI. If the Windows Troubleshooter was not able to identify the problem with the Bluetooth, then your device might be missing some important Bluetooth driver updates. You can check the official website of the Bluetooth adapter to see if any update is available or you can use the Windows Device Manager tool to update the drivers automatically. Here’s how you can update Bluetooth drivers on Windows.
- Right-Click on the Start button and click on the Device Manager.
- Expand the Bluetooth option and right-click on the Bluetooth adapter name.
- A context menu will get displayed on your screen, click on Update Driver.
- A new window will pop up on your screen.
- Click on Search Automatically For Updated Driver Software option.
- Wait for Windows to search and install the latest Bluetooth drivers.
NOTE: Your device must be connected to the internet to use this method. If you have downloaded the Bluetooth drivers yourself, then you can click on the Browse My Computer For Driver Software. Then, locate the downloaded drivers and they will get installed by the Windows.
- Also Read About: How To Check Windows 11 Version
Method #5. Disable Fast Startup On Windows
Although this option will not affect the working of Bluetooth and the Action Center but some users were able to fix the Bluetooth icon missing from the Action Center in Windows 10 by disabling this option. Here’s how you can disable this feature and fix Windows 10 Bluetooth icon missing problem.
- Press Windows Key + R to open the RUN box or use the Start menu to search for it.
- In the RUN box type this command and press Enter ->
- A new window will appear on your screen with Power Settings.
- Alternatively, you can also open the Control Panel and go to Hardware and Sound -> Power Options.
- On the right side, click on Choose What The Power Buttons Do.
- Next, click on Change Settings That Are Currently Unavailable.
- UNCHECK the option that says Turn On Fast Startup (Recommended).
- Click on OK to save changes and restart your system once for the changes to take effect.
So, this is all about how to fix Windows 10 Bluetooth icon missing from Action Center and we hope you are able to fix this problem. There are many other methods available out there to fix this problem but we have mentioned only the working ways in this post. You will be able to solve this issue yourself by following them.
We will keep adding more methods to bring Bluetooth icons to Action Center in Windows 10, so keep visiting Inframatics to know about it. If you are facing any issues in following any method mentioned on this page or you have any questions related to anything about Windows, then feel free to ask us about it via the comments below.