Windows 11, the latest Windows edition from Microsoft is already been installed on more than 20% of computers around the world. Since its initial release, quite a few changes have been made including fix to Windows 10 taskbar won’t hide to make it run smoothly without any issues. Since it is the most advanced version of Windows released to date, the expectations of users from it were already high. Just like every other Windows version, multiple Windows 11 versions have been released. Each version has its own advantages and unique features that are added to target users of a specific category. So, it is important to know which version of Windows 11 you are using.
Here in this post, we are going to tell you about the best 5 ways to check Windows 11 version installed on your system. If you did a clean installation of Windows 11 on your device, then you might already know about the version you’ve installed. If you have upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 automatically, then there are chances that you are unaware of the version. Whatever is the reason, you can simply follow the steps mentioned on this page to check Windows 11 version on your device. The best thing here is that you won’t have to download any third-party tool or software to check that.
Different Types of Windows 11 Editions
Every version of Windows is released in different editions that come with different features and are built to serve maximum performance to users of specific categories. For example, the Home version is built for Windows users that use PC in their homes, while the Enterprise version comes with features and settings that are suitable for offices and big institutions. There are 7 versions of Windows 11 that are released and you can get any of them to try according to your choice.
- Windows 11 Home
- Windows 11 Pro
- Windows 11 Pro Education
- Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
- Windows 11 Enterprise
- Windows 11 Education
- Windows 11 Mixed Reality
What Is Windows 11 Version and Build Number?
As we said above, different Windows versions serve a different purpose and it depends on a user’s need which Windows version does he want. Although a majority of the Windows users will be using Windows 11 Home and Windows 11 Pro versions so they can download APK from Google Play Store to PC. Not much information about other versions of Windows 11 has been released by Microsoft.
Coming to the Build Number, it simply indicates the current released version of the Windows. Each Windows version gets new features, updates, and patches from Microsoft and has been released under a new Build Number but the same Windows version. By checking the build number of your Windows you can get to know until when your system has been updated as compared to the build versions released by Microsoft.
How To Check Windows 11 Version & Edition Installed [Methods]
Method #1. Using Windows 11 Settings App
Windows Settings app has been redesigned to serve maximum usage to the users. It has replaced the use of Control Panel and every setting can be found inside it. The best option to know about the Windows 11 version installed on your computer is by using the Settings app. You can visit the about section to find information about your system. Here’s how you can do it.
- First of all, open the Settings app on your Windows 11.
- Use the start menu or press Windows Key + I to do that.
- In the Settings app, click on System Settings.
- Now, scroll down, and there you will see the About section.
- Under Windows Specification, you can find information about Windows Edition, Version, Build Number, etc.
Method #2. By Using Control Panel App
As we said above, Control Panel is now used very less as compared to the Settings app but it does offer the same options and features as it used to. You can use the Control Panel app on your Windows 11 device to know Windows 11 version installed also to fix NVIDIA control panel missing. If you have used Windows 8 or an earlier version of Windows then you might know where to find this info. Still, you can follow the steps mentioned below to get information about Windows 11 installed.
- Open the Control Panel app on your Windows.
- You can do that by searching for it in the start menu.
- Now, change View By to Large Icons.
- Click on the System app.
- Windows Settings app will appear on your screen.
- Under the About section, you can see the Windows Specifications panel with information about your Windows.
Method #3. Running Winver Command
Windows RUN dialog box has been a helpful tool for running various commands. You can use the same tool to know about your system. While there are many apps that can be used on Windows to know the Windows 11 version on your system, Winver is the easiest among all. Here’s how you can use this command in the Run box to know about Windows 11 version installed on your device.
- First of all, click Windows Key + R to open the RUN box.
- You can also use the start menu to search for the RUN app.
- Once it is opened, type “winver” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- A pop-up window will appear on your screen with information about your Windows 11.
Method #4. Using System Information App
System Information app can also come in handy when you want to know which version of Windows 11 am I using? There is quite a lot of information about your system that can be obtained from the system information app. Just a simple command in the search box will help you in opening the system information app to know about your system. Here’s how you can use this app:
- Open the Start menu and type “System Information” (without quotes).
- Click on the app appearing on the left side.
- A new window will appear on your screen.
- On the right side of this window, you can find information about your Windows and device.
Method #5. Check Windows 11 Version CMD Command
Command Prompt or CMD is one powerful tool on Windows where you can execute simple to complex commands. If you want to know which version of Windows 11 am I using, then you can use the CMD command to know about it. Here’s how you can use the CMD to get information on the Windows 11 version.
- First of all, open the CMD window.
- Use the search box to find CMD and click on the app.
- If your app opens as Windows PowerShell, then click on the new tab option and click on Command Prompt.
- You can also press CTRL + SHIFT + 2 to open the CMD window directly.
- Type “ver” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- A new CMD window will appear on your screen with the name of your Windows 11.
So, this is all about how to check Windows 11 installed on your system. Not only the Windows 11 but you can follow these methods to check other Windows versions as well. There are many ways available to do that on Windows but the methods we’ve mentioned on this page work best among all as they don’t require any software or tool.
We will keep adding more ways to check what version of Windows 11 do you have, so keep visiting Inframatics to know about them. If you are facing any issues in following any method mentioned on this page or you know about any other methods to check which Windows do I have, then do let us know about it so we can include that on this page.